#915 ✓fixreleased
Bill Cole

Searching on Content-Type broken

Reported by Bill Cole | September 30th, 2014 @ 09:49 PM

My system: MailMate/4469 iMac11,1/x86_64/8/10.9.5

Searches of the Content-Type header yield irrational results. With no specifier selected the options offered for an "is" search seem to all be a random sub-token of the actual header, delimited by ';'. For example, a message with this header:

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=089e01493a0c18807d0502166800

Will match "Content-Type is 'boundary=089e01493a0c18807d0502166800'" and "Content-Type->Boundary is '089e01493a0c18807d0502166800'" but not "Content-Type contains multipart"

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • benny

    benny October 2nd, 2014 @ 01:49 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “fixcommitted”

    This is a very old “bug” which also affected “Content-Disposition”. In practice, it probably does not matter much since one would usually match on type, subtype or a specific parameter (especially since substring/regexp searches are still not allowed).

    I've fixed it now (at least I've fixed the symptom, I haven't really solved the theoretical problem which actually caused this problem).

    Perhaps more importantly, I fixed a few other bugs related to the combobox (the list of suggestions).

  • benny

    benny October 15th, 2014 @ 03:32 PM

    • State changed from “fixcommitted” to “fixreleased”

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Mac OS X email client.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Tags

Pages