#2369 new
Stephen Callaghan

Deleted folders on IMAP server - Mailmate now keeps crashing

Reported by Stephen Callaghan | July 29th, 2019 @ 05:46 PM

I was cleaning up my folder structure and rules on an exchange server (which I now regret).
Ever since I closed MailMate it won't open anymore.

From Terminal:
➜ ~ /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

Fatal: Unexpectedly did not find mailbox when checking deletion state (INBOX/1-Teams/teamname)
[1] 83948 abort /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate ➜ ~

I have 2 IMAP servers configured (Exchange and local dovecot) and 30G of email in Messages.noindex - is there a way to force folder sync (or just fix the problem) on Exchange and not my local server?

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Stephen Callaghan

    Stephen Callaghan July 29th, 2019 @ 06:27 PM

    I edit Mailboxes.plist to remove the offenders, restarting each time, and got it working again.

    Feel free to close this one.

  • benny

    benny July 31st, 2019 @ 02:27 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “closed”

    Did you make the original changes server-side? That should of course not have crashed MailMate. Let me know if it happens again and I'll see if we can debug it.

  • Stephen Callaghan

    Stephen Callaghan July 31st, 2019 @ 04:02 PM

    Yes - I made server side changes - there were many entires which worked fine such as:

    !        {   previousUUID = "imap://login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/Platform";
    !           uuid = "imap://login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/Edge";
    !       },
    
    but the one that caused the crash and worked when removed was:
    !        {   partitioningHeader = "sender";
    !           previousUUID = "imap://login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/Edge";
    !           showSingleChild = :true;
    !           uuid = "imap://login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/teamname";
            },
    !       {   previousUUID = "login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/teamname";
                uuid = "imap://login@server.company.com/INBOX/1-Teams/Issues";
            },
    
  • benny

    benny August 1st, 2019 @ 06:46 AM

    • State changed from “closed” to “cantreproduce”

    Thanks for the details. A quick attempt to reproduce did not work, but it might still be useful if I get more reports about this problem.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Mac OS X email client.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Pages