#183 ✓fixreleased
Phu Nguyen Anh

Duplicated and missing email after moved a unread message

Reported by Phu Nguyen Anh | October 9th, 2011 @ 02:49 PM

Hi, I got another problem when moving email:
Redo steps:
1. Have an unread mail thread in Inbox, 2 messages are enough
2. Move them by Cmd+Opt+T to another folder called A
3. Quickly click on Unread smart folder (I don't remember if this one is created by default?)
4. You'll see that mail thread's source mailbox is A (I donot use thread view for Unread mailbox)
5. Click on both of them to view, you'll quickly see that the second message is marked in red, then disappears, then the duplicated of the first message appears. So now in the destination folder the first message in thread is duplicated and the second message is lost.

Message list on server is still correct (I checked via web mail), outlook 2011 is also correct, both message are there and no duplicated.

This problem is also occurred if I quickly change to the destination folder instead of Unread folder to view message.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • benny

    benny October 9th, 2011 @ 08:15 PM

    • Assigned user set to “benny”

    I am trying to reproduce this, but so far without luck. Do you think this issue could be the same as ticket #182?

    The problem may only be triggered by the involved server. Is it an Exchange server and if yes, which year?

    Actually, if it is an Exchange server then I have a theory about part of the problem. The duplicate is likely triggered by the lack of the so-called UIDPLUS extension, but I'll need to look into possible orders of events (your description in this ticket is very helpful). Maybe this can somehow also trigger the “lost” message.

    If you can reproduce the behavior described then it would be very useful if you could open the Activity Viewer (⌘0) and see if you can get a log of the events in the source mailbox.

  • benny

    benny October 12th, 2011 @ 01:54 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “fixcommitted”

    After email correspondence, the problem was tracked down to most likely being an MS Exchange IMAP server bug. More explicitly, wrong answers to UID SEARCH commands for Message-IDs. This bug has been fixed and it'll be part of the next update.

  • benny

    benny December 22nd, 2011 @ 01:10 PM

    • State changed from “fixcommitted” to “fixreleased”

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Mac OS X email client.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Referenced by

Pages