#1527 new
Vincent Danen

Mailmate 1.9.5 does not get new mail

Reported by Vincent Danen | September 14th, 2016 @ 08:56 PM

I'm running Mailmate 1.9.5 (5262) on one of my systems and it hasn't properly sync'd mail since the 11th (a few days after I updated to it). Restarting it doesn't make a difference. On another machine, running 1.9.4 it works fine and I can get my mail. It looks like it's active and doing things in the activity window, but it's not actually updating any folders (well, labels, it's a google apps account).

Is there something I can do to debug this or help track it down? I looked here on the mailing list and don't see anyone else with similar problems as far as I can tell.

For instance, I clicked on the "System msgs" folder to see there's nothing in the folder with 1.9.5, but there are 5 new messages there I can see in the 1.9.4 version.

Thanks.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • benny

    benny September 14th, 2016 @ 10:34 PM

    You can try sending me the following files using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”:

    ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist
    ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist
    

    Also, try this:

    • Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0).
    • Take the account offline/online using the Mailbox menu.
    • Wait a bit.
    • Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”.

    Then I'll see what kind of activity is shown for the account.

  • Vincent Danen

    Vincent Danen September 14th, 2016 @ 11:33 PM

    Ok, doing this stuff now. Also noticed that I looked at the email notification for this on my phone outside, then came inside to do the things you asked and saw it in my inbox so it's almost like it will show read things, but not things that are unread. You'll get the email with the logs and such shortly.

  • Vincent Danen

    Vincent Danen September 15th, 2016 @ 09:25 PM

    And this is totally bizarre. It started working again today. Maybe related to the gmail outage in some way that I heard was a problem for some folks yesterday? At any rate, I'm seeing new mail now.

  • benny

    benny September 16th, 2016 @ 06:12 AM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    Thanks for the update. Still sounds a bit weird though. Let me know if the issue returns.

  • benny

    benny September 16th, 2016 @ 06:18 AM

    I took a quick look at the logs. It appears your Gmail account was THROTTLED and MailMate 1.9.5 behaves differently when this happens. I don't see though why this would happen if it was not a new account. I suspect some kind of busy looping. One source of problems could be the very large All Mail folder which can be tricky for MailMate to handle. If there is an issue which triggers MailMate to repeatedly open this mailbox then it could probably lead to the THROTTLED state. (You can see this word in the logs and it happens when some maximum traffic limit is hit.)

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Mac OS X email client.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Pages