#1993 ✓resolved
Jakob Schlyter

UTF8SMTPSA required?

Reported by Jakob Schlyter | April 19th, 2018 @ 03:22 PM

It seems MailMate sends mail with UTF8SMTPSA/SMTPUTF8 whenever possible, even if the recipient nor the sender has international characters in the localpart. Is there any way to disable this? I have servers that I send mail to that does not accept this, and as this option propagates further on it breaks delivery.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • benny

    benny April 20th, 2018 @ 06:35 AM

    Unless I've forgotten something then this is an opt-in feature. Are you sure you haven't enabled it yourself?

    Try this:

    defaults delete com.freron.MailMate MmSMTPUTF8Enabled
    
  • Jakob Schlyter

    Jakob Schlyter June 6th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM

    I do not think I've added it, but the fix above fixed it nevertheless.

  • benny

    benny June 7th, 2018 @ 02:19 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    Ok. (Just to be sure, I checked the code and I don't see any way it would be enabled without the user having configured this variable. You might have done it thinking that it would do something different.)

    Thanks for the update.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Mac OS X email client.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Tags

Pages